A little more information

The two main activities in my life: Helping the hungry in the late hours of the night and helping guitar players sound better one amp at a time.

I always try to remember that in order to do good one has to take action and actually do something.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I have watched the city and Southern California change for well over half a century.

I can be found on facebook at www.facebook.com/mylesr or on twitter at www.twitter.com/myles111us

As of late 2019 the music related links and prints noted on this page which had their links to by GAB (Guitar Amplifier Blueprinting) website are no longer accessible. I grew weary of updating my GAB website and let it go away. You can contact me on Facebook. Saunders Stewart Models continues full operation but we are not accepting new clients without a referral.

Los Angeles Architectural History

Los Angeles Architectural History
1935 Art Deco at some of its finest: No. 168 - Griffith Observatory- (click on the photo for information)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The last few days in photos

It is over 90 degrees today in Burbank.  Last week we had rain and cold.  I thought I would take a few moments and post a few cell shots on what has gone on over the last few days.  Below are a few moment from the last few days or week.

This is the Leslie out of the Gilbransen President which is being scrapped for parts (and for destructive entertainment I suppose).  The unit works great for guitar.


As I mentioned, it is about 90 degrees.  This was taken 3/31/11 at 3pm local time in Burbank.


This was my lunch today, 3/31/11.  This is an asada burrito.  I ate this at Rigo's #6.  Each Rigo's makes their own stuff in their own way.  I love their red hot sauce.


Some of you know that I am on the quest for the best Carne Asada soft taco.  So far my favorite place is http://www.kingtaco.com/ at their East L.A. location on 3rd street.  Their red hot sauce was also number one in my book but I am now thinking that Rigo's #6 may give them a hot sauce run for the money.  I intend to ask my friend Lisa, who knows more about hot sauce than most folks, to pick between King Taco and Rigo's.  I will let her choice be the final say for me.  I will supply the lunch for her.


One of many Empire amps from the folks at http://www.65amps.com/  They are building these and the London Pro as fast as they can.  They did not speed things up, they just added more builders.


I tested a lot of tubes this week.  This is one 12AX7 that did not make it.  This was going to be part of a backup set for Ed's Empire.  After tracing another dozen or so 12AX7s I found one that made me happy.  This was for V4.  There are FIVE 12AX7s in an Empire of three different types; JJ803S, Sovtek 12AX7LP and Tung Sol reissue.  They all have specific places in the amp.


Just a few days ago it was record rain for Los Angeles


I went shooting a lot in the past week.  One day I went twice the same day.  .22 in the late afternoon and .45 earlier the same day.


Spring flowers in my front yard


Destruction continued on the Gilbransen President


One day we ate Chinese food and went to Atomic Records after lunch.


From my friend Max Buda


Guess that's all that's fit to print for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment