doomsday-trends-america-marketwatch: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
by Paul Farrell Tuesday, April 19, 2011
There are a number of points in this piece that echo things I have written over the last few years.
The original piece can be viewed from the link above. The piece is also below in it's entirety.
Why? Super-Rich Capitalists get rich off these macro trends. They want happy talk. Back in 2007 Vanguard founder Jack Bogle called my warnings "prescient." But that didn't stop the meltdown. Next time financial historians warn of a bigger meltdown; a total collapse has been the destiny of every nation for eight centuries. This time, capitalism is the saboteur.
1. Doomsday Capitalism: Death of the American dream, spirit, soul
2. Doomsday Democracy: 'Mutant Capitalism' killing 'We the People'
4. Doomsday Politics: Monopoly of Super-Rich Anarchists rules America
5. Doomsday Economics: Growth is a numbers game for politicians
6. Doomsday Psychology: The broken promises of behavioral science
7. Doomsday Technology: Innovation, derivative casinos, the singularity
8. Doomsday Warfare: Pentagon math: population + commodities = wars
9. Doomsday History: This time really is different — the final meltdown
10. Doomsday Investing: Survival strategies in the post-capitalism era